Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Quick Post about friends

Well I haven't posted in a while because I have been mad busy. There are many things that have happened in my life since the last post. Of course now I don't think I can recall them . I am going to europe this summer though. That is going to be awesome. Housing remains as confusing as ever. There is a reason for this post today. In fact the post has more than one purpose.

First I wanted to have somewhere where I could remember something I wrote. Of course this may be cocky but I gave some advice that I thought of on the spot and I kinda want to remember it in case I am feeling down.

no use in sulking though
(11:30:28 PM) jlz0813: that is true
(11:30:32 PM) jlz0813: just gotta get the work done
(11:30:49 PM) plazmanrg: yup
(11:30:54 PM) plazmanrg: bounce back
(11:30:55 PM) plazmanrg: and recover
(11:31:00 PM) plazmanrg: we are still young
(11:32:15 PM) jlz0813: haha we're approaching oldness pretty quickly
(11:32:27 PM) plazmanrg: hey
(11:32:38 PM) plazmanrg: we are growing the same rate we have been
(11:32:43 PM) plazmanrg: a second is still a second
(11:32:50 PM) plazmanrg: just depends on what you do with it
(11:32:52 PM) plazmanrg: :D
(11:33:28 PM) plazmanrg: while a child's second could be just chasing a butterfly and ours may be doing a pset an adults may be providing for the family
(11:33:32 PM) plazmanrg: its all the same
(11:33:36 PM) plazmanrg: just seize the moment

I will use this when I am feeling like I have no time. I have the same amount of time as I did when I was younger and will have the same time when I'm older. I chose what to do. Don't waste it and everything will be better.

Also I want to remember what my dad said to me this past weekend.
As a business man I feel that this is pretty important (to me anyways).

Money is not everything, but without money you are nothing.

Of course this is a little more dramatic than necessary but I feel it captures the truth.

The second purpose of this post is mainly to ask a question.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7920434.stm
This article says something about friends. How many is average, how many good friends, how many you can confide in? What do you think?

What makes a good friend? How many do you think is appropriate. This is interesting to me. I know vicky and I and Julie and I (I didn't know how to say that without it seeming like vicky and julie also talked about it together) talked extensively on the subject. What do you think?

The moral this time is: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7913552.stm which means.... CHEER UP be happy and be healthy. Otherwise you will be upset and you will then be unhealthy and be more upset. Then your whole life will suck.

1 comment:

  1. sigh, it's difficult to deny the truth of the practical wisdom of asian dads. my dad used to describe his job like taking medicine. sure, it wasn't enjoyable--but he did it everyday because he had to. and ultimately, it bettered him.

    and it's true, without money--you are nothing. but what are the chances that me or you (students at a prestigious undergraduate university) will not have any money in the future regardless of what we choose to do with our lives? we are competent than most. and plenty of happy people exist in the middle class, with their middle class house, jobs, cars, etc. i think the question here is what value we place on money. how much of it do we want?

    as for the friend thing...i donno..it seems kinda arbitrary to put a number on it. but i would say generally the number of friends one can truly confide in would only be a handful.

    ReplyDelete