Sunday, March 22, 2009

Something that annoys me

You may not be familiar with what Im talking about here but recently I went to the orthopedic doctor because my back hurts and stuff. Go figure why I have back pain at age 19. Anyways they give a few choices for what I guess could be called relationship status. The choices are as follows:

Are you?
Single Married Divorced or like Widowed or something.

And Im sitting here trying to figure out where I am in the spectrum. Im certainly not married yet. which would make the latter two also impossible. But I am also certainly not single. I really was confused as to what/where I fit in here. I dunno if anyone else had any problems with this kind of thing before. Or has there been something else where they give you categories and you aren't really in any of them? Basically Im begging for comments because it seems that nobody comments so...please do comment.

Today's moral is: Take care of your body so you don't have to deal with potentially hurting yourself or filling out paperwork for your doctor that gets really annoying.

Seriously though,
Doctor's paperwork is really stupid.
It asked me please describe your pain in the following areas:
Back: Buttocks: Legs: Please use percentages keeping in mind that the total should add up to 100.

I was like how the hell am I supposed to put percentages of pain in different parts of my body? I can't measure that nonsense.

Also the more typical questions.
Have there been any cases of x,y, z conditions in your family since the last time you filled this out for a doctor? Have any members suddenly developed a history of cancer in like the one year you haven't filled one of these out?

They should really ask:
Are you wondering why we don't just do this electronically so that we can forward it to other doctors?

And basically Doctors annoy me

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you went to the doctor's.

    I also explained to you the idea behind the relationship status and how its a principle of legality. For commenting's sake, I'll tell you again? You're single because you have no dependency on others financially (parent's don't count, you're medically covered until some age that's not 19). Divorcees may get alimony or some agreement of permanent maintenance including health insurance. Married people can have the same insurance policy, etc. Widows are sometimes covered by their dead spouse's work policy for a certain time or whatever.

    The percentage pain thing made me laugh kind of ridiculously hard. How is it anyways? Are you still being drugged? OH and did you get your MRI images back yet?

    ReplyDelete