Sunday, April 19, 2009

One of the Most interesting things that has ever happened to me

So today at about 10 pm one of the most unique experiences of my life happened. Aside from being in a building (McBain) when the fire alarms went off...with real smoke....this is definitely one of the most bizzare things that has happened here. So Jer and I were just experimenting with different drinks (non alcoholic mind you) from M2M called 2% and 17 tea both of which are pretty good if you like japanese flower candy or barley tea respectively. We had drank our fill and were walking outside and were about to cross the street to broadway when we saw these two people pushing a car. Not like a mini or like a smart car...it was a volvo wagon. A real car. They also weren't pushing it on the side of the road or something... it was in the left most lane on broadway. So as they push the car past we ask if they need help. Interestingly enough they say yes...(not many new yorkers would say yes but I guess the car was heavy) so with a woman inside steering jer and I help push the car and they pull over to the side I guess. They thank us and as we were walking away one of the guys thought he would be funny (or I hope it was a joke) and shout: "Its stolen!" while wheeling the car away. Jer and I laughed at this but did actually think for a second...wait now they have our prints and if it is stolen we are accomplises.

Hopefully it wasn't stolen and we were just being good citizens and helping out people in need. It was also so interesting to push a car...while other cars were still in the road. Ones that were not broken. I suppose it was a little dangerous but people have to live on the wild side a little. Prior to this I had always wanted to push a neutral car...now my dream has come true. I wonder what happened to our travellers.

In other news Days on Campus kids piss me off. Them and their cliquiness already and their carefree attitude. They think they are all super cool because the were accepted. They don't know what columbia is about yet. Come Fall 2009 their eyes are going to be opened wide. Say good bye to your innocense...welcome to HELL..... BWAHAHA I really want to say that to them. :/ maybe when Im a senior.

Ok now since I am pretty sure I won't be going to econometrics...again I should probably go to bed so I can at least make micro. Goodnight!

Moral this time: NYC is a city with unlimited opportunities for Fun and adventure but also for failure and disappointment. For those failing and disappointing times Kevin and Jeremy are always there to help...hopefully you actually need help and you aren't stealing a volvo.

No comments:

Post a Comment